One of our large international clients is looking for a Manager Accounting Operations. Your team of 17 FTE is responsible for the operational accounting and process improvements (robotics).
In the beginning of this year our client has completed a big merger. By joining forces, they created a new strong player in a market that will rapidly develop towards one that is led by combined products.
What will you do?
This job is a manager’s position with the area of Functional Finance, reporting to the Director Functional Finance. Functional Finance covers the areas External Reporting, Accounting Operations, Tax, Treasury and Internal Risk & Control. This manager’s position is characterized by the fact that it is responsible for people management. You are responsible for the resources and the budget. Generally speaking, you will achieve the objectives through the overall team’s performance and the cooperation with other functionalities in Finance and other functions outside finance.
Generally, you will achieve the objectives through the team’s overall performance and the cooperation with Finance and other business functionalities.
The tasks of the Manager Accounting Operations include;
- Encounters complex operational problems. You will look beyond existing procedures and own functional area to solve these problems. The decisions to use certain solutions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives;
- You will revise as well as implementing business plans and the relevant accounting strategy;
- You will revise as well as implement business plans in line with the relevant accounting strategy;
- You will have full management authority in the area of accounting operations. This entails setting employee performance targets, completing performance appraisals of team members, recommending salary decisions and being involved with recruitment and termination decisions.
As a result of the merger our client is currently building a new organization. The expectations on the new organization are high and result in a dynamic working environment. To make this job a success you are able to cope with and thrive in this rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment. You love a challenge and combine a hands-on approach with a strategic mindset.
You are a strong personality with excellent communication skills. (Fluent in English, both verbal and writing, fluency in Dutch is needed as well. You connect with colleagues by having an open dialogue. Also, you are able to communicate extensively with (senior) management about business and accounting.
Next to this you will have:
- Master’s degree in Economics with a postdoctoral degree in Accountancy (Certified Public Accountant/ RA);
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Accounting with considerable time in a finance management position;
- Excellent understanding of IFRS standards and accounting policies and procedures;
- Ability to work with SAP;
- Affinity with Treasury, Tax, Internal Control and Compliance;
- Experience within a fast pace and large (international) company;
- Proven track record of initiating and implementing complex accounting and business projects.
Large international organization
€80.000,- - €100.000,- gross annual salary