For one of our clients, a market leader within the maritime industry we are looking for a junior Financial Controller to join the Continental Europe office located in IJmuiden. If you have an excellent eye for detail and are fully proficient working with numbers, along with a desire to join a Global company with great learning opportunities, then we are looking for you!
We offer an exciting position for a Finance/Accounting professional who has a desire to further develop their career within a Global company with great development and learning opportunities. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and engaged Finance team with colleagues across 5 different countries and a lean and flat structure with a performance driven culture.
As the new jr Financial Controller for Continental Europe, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager of Continental Europe and work out of the office located in Ijmuiden with an excellent view, where you will be working alongside colleagues from cross functional areas such as Operations, Marine Standards, Commercial, Technical and Crew members.
You will have flexible working hours and will be offered a market competitive salary and employee benefits. Our client strives to create the right conditions for a great employee experience!
You will support the Finance Manager of Continental Europe in managing the country books of accounts for various legal entities and provide support in reporting and accounting tasks. You will also be participating in a variety of the following areas:
- Performing/participating in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures
- Responsibility for risk and control environment reporting and developing internal control processes
- Ensuring alignment of all SOP with the overall frame work
- Responsibility for identifying and delivering improvement projects
- Ensuring that all the General Ledger accounting and Financial / Management Reporting is done in accordance with IFRS and APMM GAAP
- Performing the reporting and period end tasks, accruals and support controlling tasks
- Involvement in execution of forecasting processes
- Ensuring high data quality
- Support various ad hoc projects
In order to fulfill this role you hold a relevant university degree in Accounting, Auditing or Finance and bring a few years’ professional experience in a similar role. You are studying for an accounting accreditation or have the desire to do so in the near future, and you are computer literate which translates to an ability to develop and use complex spreadsheets.
Next to that it will help a lot if you have effective communication skills and you are comfortable working both in Dutch and in English.
Our client is an exciting, market leading and vibrant company within the maritime industry.
If you have a desire to build your professional career within a Global company, then you are at the right place. Our client finds it very important to balance work and private life. The salary is very competitive and next to that you will receive 30 holiday days.