One of our international clients is looking for an Internal Control Specialist! In the beginning of this year our client has completed a big merger. By joining forces, they created a new strong player in a market that will rapidly develop towards one that is led by combined products.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
Within the Functional Finance department our client is looking for an Internal Control Specialist. You will be responsible for providing support towards the ICS manager in identifying and reporting on risk management towards internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, following-up on the audit recommendations from the group (no open audit recommendations outside deadline).
The tasks of the Internal Control Specialist include;
- Provides support on maintaining an effective and efficient Internal Control System including reporting deadlines;
- Coach internal process & control owners to obtain a best in class quality standard in the organization’s internal control environment;
- Assisting in reporting to the Management and Supervisory Board on the quality of the internal control environment and status of audits;
- Maintaining segregation of duties.
As a result of the merger our client is currently building a new organization. The expectations on the new organization are high and result in a dynamic working environment. To make this job a success you are able to cope with and thrive in this rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment. You love a challenge and combine a hands-on approach with a strategic mindset.
For this position we are looking for someone who has a customer-oriented mindset towards internal and external stakeholders. Next to that, it is important that you like and are able to build bridges between stakeholders with different perspectives. Furthermore, someone who is able to present complex or sensitive topics. On top of that, we would like someone who has a team player mentality.
We are looking for someone who has a specialization in accounting / controlling. Finally, we would like our new employee to have experience in designing, implementing and maintaining an internal control system and a tax compliant framework.
Next to this you have:
- Bachelor / Masters’ degree;
- 4-8 years of working experience;
- Excellent communication skills; both Dutch and English;
- Negotiation skills;
- Monitoring skills to review the effectiveness of internal controls.
A large well-known organization
€60.000,- gross annual salary