For my client G-Star I am looking for a GL Accountant for the Retail/Ecom team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the general ledger accounts for international and national entities. Together with other members of the FA department, you will be responsible for the month and year closing.
Your tasks and responsibilities consists of:
- Decide on and process the monthly accruals and provisions
- Process the information from the POS system in the financial administration
- Check if the entries are made on the correct account, cost center and profit center
- Work with accounts payable department to improve on correct recording of invoices and expenses, follow up on missing invoices & control that invoices are received for direct debits
- Responsible for suspense accounts (cash, pin, credit card and goods flows)
- Fixed assets accounting
- Monthly reconciliation of the intercompany current accounts
- Monitoring the interfaces from different systems
- Book the salary journal entry and process the salary payment from the payroll department
- Responsible for VAT and ICT returns (together with tax department) and the journal entries regarding the returns
- Understand what is in the balance sheet accounts for the entities under your control.
- Liaise with Business Controllers: review of monthly opex and balance sheet position
- MBO/HBO and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with general ledger in an international environment
- Experience in a retail environment (stores)
- Excellent user knowledge of SAP FiCo and Excel
- Organized, flexible, detail-orientated and used to work independently
- Not afraid to ask questions, wants to know how things work, ‘can do’ mentality
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; and a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all.