Due to recent and anticipated growth of CEG’s activities there is a need to further strengthen the finance department with a Financial Controller. Within a small team the Financial Controller will be responsible for all finance & accounting activities at all CEG entities. The accounting function is currently mainly outsourced. The main first assignment of the Financial Controller will be to insource these activities. In this role he or she will work in close cooperation with the assistant controller, business controller and contract manager and report to the CFO of CEG. The daily work will consist of a wide range of financial activities, varying from basic administrative work, consolidation to producing and analyzing financial reports, including CIT and VAT calculations and submissions. All is being done in an dynamic and international environment for production entities and CAPEX-projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Business Partner to the CFO;
- Further develop the accounting function for CEG’s entities in The Netherlands and The UK and set up future new international entities, in close cooperation with the external accounting advisors;
- Executing all aspects of finance & accounting including book keeping, creditors administration and preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Responsible for the accounting function and ensures quality control over the general ledger and financial reporting;
- Preparation of the annual financial statements under the relevant accounting and legal reporting requirements;
- Project cost control for international CAPEX projects;
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results;
- Support the process of financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting (including the consolidation) to stakeholders of the Company (including shareholders, Management Board, and Supervisory Board).
- Completed Master’s degree in Economics/Business Administration or related education;
- Strong expertise of statutory accounts (IFRS and/or NL GAAP), VAT, CIT and affiliated matters
- Proven ability to smoothly switch between a top-down and bottom-up approach
- Continuously understanding what’s going on and translating this to setting own priorities
- Combining managerial skills (structure, delegate, coordinate) with an operational mindset (hands-on, flexible)
- A strong getting things done mentality, output driven and highly efficient;
- Excellent spoken and written skills of English and Dutch language
- Experience with AccountView/Visma software is a pré
CEG stands for Clean Electricity Generation and is a producer of sustainable energy. CEG is private equity funded.
- A rare opportunity for a Finance professional to join an international high growth Private Equity company with a passion for innovation and sustainability
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary up to € 80.000 on a yearly basis