Our client is part of a large multinational well known company. The position of Chief Accountant is a new created position due to organizational changes and future growth. The current CFO is looking for an ambitious Chief Accountant with a background in the accountancy and experience with corporate structures. Within now and three years you will also have the opportunity to become the CFO of this organization. As a Chief Accountant you are responsible for overseeing the preparation of all financial documents related to the company to implementing financial strategies. You will have 5 direct reports.
• Reviews all accounts payable transactions to ensure accuracy of coding, data entry, and accurate payment of invoices.
• Checks for proper approvals and authorizations before payments are made.
• Maintains relationship with tax authorities, local auditors and relevant statutory authorities.
• Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions.
• Handles intercompany accounting.
• Owns the internal year end closing of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers from preparation of journal entries to planning, follow up and signoff with auditors.
• Owns preparation of interim, year-end and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required government reports as directed by management and responds to inquiries as necessary.
• Owns the internal monthly closing process. Reviews the General Ledger on a regular basis, to ensure cost codes are being properly used, and creates new ledger accounts or new transaction codes, as needed. Closes the general ledger every month, reporting final balances for monthly accounts. Reviews the month-end trial balance for any obvious omissions or differences.
• Responsible for end to end preparation, auditor and management signoff and filing of stat account filing.
• Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by Controller.
Bank and cash management
• Ensures that the bank transfers have occurred so that payroll and other funding need is addressed timely.
• Prepares weekly bank reconciliation for all receivable / payable / cash; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
• Interacts with the banks and prepares the Funds Flow Reports; analyzes and recommend the need of transfers to eliminate the possibility of idle funds.
• Prepares the Funds Utilization and forecast after taking into account the present bank balances, expected receipts and projected payments.
• Responsible for effective execution, filing and monitoring of all accounting, fixed asset and relevant controls in the company control framework.
• Owns and maintains the reconciliation of stat account and IFRS accounts.
• Ensure IFS always reflects the correct workflow and approval flow structure in accordance with the local authority matrix.
• Performs supplier reconciliation on a periodic basis and review with CFO.
• Contributes to strategic projects by providing input on accounting aspects of projects. Does accounting due diligence and vetting of business cases from accounting, tax and transfer pricing perspective.
• Tax Planning, Control and Reporting – Responsible for statutory filing and follow-up on all taxes through close coordination with HQ tax.
Our client is looking for someone who started her/ his career within the accountancy and a second step within a large international corporate organization (IFRS knowledge). Your RA title will help in professionalizing the department.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions.
Large international well-known organization.
€100.000,- gross annual salary (may be higher depending on experience)
Good secundary benefits