For one of our international clients in the alcohol industry we are looking for a Business Controller RC. Your commercial mindset will help you reach strategic company goals. In this position you will report to the Managing Director and you will work closely together with the group CFO and the plant controller of a sister company.
As Business Controller within this organization you are business and commercial minded. You will partner up with other functions, also outside of finance and the business. With your strong network in eg. logistics, production and sales, you will build business plans and budgets/forecasts and define ways to identify gaps and opportunities. In order to really know what drives the business, you define ways to measure and report on the key indicators of it. Your main focus will be on the P&L and you also need to link into the business model, to tailor your approach depending on the business you work in. Next to this you will have to think of ways to identify cost saving opportunities and efficiency gains. You as business controller are also responsible for analyzing the product portfolio and you will have to maintain control over the stock (level, aging and pricing). It is a social job and you are a real part of the line management and strategic decision taking.
Analysis systems, procedures and tools
- Ensure that the business activities are properly monitored;
- To analyze the business performance in collaboration with the managing director and his team;
- To analyze business indicators of performance and report such analysis including recommendations for improvement and/or change;
- Analyze portfolio and define gaps and opportunities;
- Analyze stock and define gaps and opportunities
- To provide necessary data to follow, analyze and control the performance of business processes;
Forecast systems, procedures and tools
- Calculate and simulate standard and actual cost- and sales prices;
- Forecast year end landings and rolling forecast;
Reporting systems, procedures and tools
- Drafts and monitors the sales and cost budget in partnership with the Chief Accountant and Managing Director (5YR incl, cash flow);
- Produce and analyze brand P&L’s on a monthly base;
- Perform on a quarterly basis inventory valuation based on actual cost
- Monitor overhead cost;
- Define, ensure consistency and traceability of costprices;
- Be involved on the financial control especially (CAPEX, payment discounts etc...)
- Manager and/or sparring partner for Chief Accountant;
- Sparring partner for Legal, HR or other operating activities;
- Supports controlling activities (f.e. annual audit etc.) done by the finance department, if needed
- Be involved in projects linked to information systems implementation
In order to perform well in this position you speak fluently Dutch and English. It would be nice if you started your career within the BIG4 and you have seen multiple industries and companies. Furthermore you will need several years of experience as Business Controller. Your master degree in finance will help you and a RC title would be a plus.
This company is an international organization in the alcohol industry.
The salary depends on your work experience but varies between €5.000,- to max €7.000,- gross a month.