For one of our clients we are looking for a Business Project Controller. You will be part of a team consisting of 4 members. In this position you will be a business partner for the organization. You will be reporting to the Manager Business Control and you will be part of the department of Business & Project Control. Together with you direct colleagues you will be a partner in the development and realisation of the strategy, and you are responsible for enhancing the manageability of the organisation.
The Business Project Controller acts as the financial sparring partner for the department managers and project leaders within the organisation, plays an important role in the planning and forecast processes, and analyses financial and operational results and underlying trends.
- advising on and implementing the school’s planning and control cycle
- drafting the budget in collaboration with heads of department and project managers
- preparing periodic reports by collecting and presenting financial information, and preparing a comparative analysis for budgets (budget monitoring) for departments and projects
- drafting the forecast based on actual figures and identified risks
- advising, informing and supervising project managers on all internal and external regulations relating to external research funding
- maintaining project dossiers and handling the final settlements in accordance with the subsidy conditions upon completion of projects
- assisting in an accurate, complete, and timely closing of the accounts for each period
- assisting in internal and external audit preparations
- drawing up of business cases for new research centres or master programmes.
In order to be successful in this position you have at least a bachelor’s degree in finance. On top of that you have at least three years’ experience in a controlling department. Within this position you have contact with Dutch institutions, but you will be working in an international environment. Therefore, you will have to speak fluently Dutch and English.
Our client is a large institution
- Monthly gross salary: €3.000,- - €4.800,- (depending on your level of experience)
- 38 hour contract
- Holiday allowance
- Year-end bonus